52 SONGS

...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life...

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

To no one in particular...

...I am the sun and air...

For Long Beach alt newspaper The District Weekly, I've been writing short little reviews of movies in revival in the Long Beach, Seal Beach, greater L.A. and O.C. region. Since the reviews are not available online, I'll be posting them here, starting way back with my first one, which came out late spring. If I can figure out how to footnote them, I'll be adding those as well, since 150 words (roughly) ends up being too few to say anything worth saying about anything. [If I could, I'd put a footnote here and say that that's crap, as more people--I'm looking at you in the mirror, buddy--should really, really, say much, much less. I think there ought to be a daily word budget, like money on a phone card, where each of us is only allowed to utter or write something like 5,000 words before the vocal cords or finger joints fall out.]

No comments: