52 SONGS

...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life...

Thursday, June 17, 2010

To my vast readership

So, my sabbatical is officially over, and w/ today being the last day my kids are in school till September, events beyond my control--namely, time--have made it necessary to end this poem-a-day business. In the past five months or so, I've drafted about 130 of 'em, several of which I didn't post here. Most are crap, of course, but a few are onto something I think, and those few I'll revise or leave as is and begin to do something with. I was also able to get some critical writing done, of both the academic and popular (I use that word in its loosest sense) variety. All in all, I'm feeling pretty lucky.

I'll still be posting music here each "week" (ha ha), and I think the project of daily discipline I'll embark on next is transcribing a poem a day from other sources, as I did w/ that wonderful Rilke poem, below.

No comments: