52 SONGS

...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life...

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

28. Around the World


Sidewalk chalk marks Around the World, written worold 
by the boy who wrote it after Around the beneath
chalk-drawn cars adjacent to marks we shoot by.

He also outlined USA, with outsized California and HI
& AK. The boy’s your brother, you are my opponent.
I shoot with my left hand only. You don't use your legs

like I’ve taught but cannot enforce with punishment 

because that would be weird. Your brother came out after
homework to join us. He has no game so instead 

drew with what I used to make x's for each shot stop. 
You marked his shirt with it, too. He shouted,
What the hey!! You do that kind of thing. 

You will again, which do, present tense, implies, 
fact you would mention if I were speaking this.
You win. I remind you I shot left-handed.

No comments: