52 SONGS

...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

42. Lectionary


What is foolish shames the wise, what is weak
Shames the strong. What’s been chosen is what’s
Low & despised, including what is not, in order to
Erase what is, so that no one may boast. Boast in God.
This is the reading for today. This is what is
Read by me on the day I’m reading it, as posted
Online in the lectionary I found by means
Inchoate to me as the source of the scriptures
I found them by. Inchoate, not mysterious.
I entered a search for lenten lectionary 2014,
And I clicked on the top unadvertised link.
A student from China yesterday prayed for me in Chinese.
We were standing on a lawn under humid, bright air.
He said you are a blessing already to those people
You say you want to be a blessing to. He said your life
Is what needs to change. And you can’t do it.
He then asked if he could pray for me, I said yes.
I put this down here, this is no put-on, to read again
Someday, since my memory, and my cares…