52 SONGS

...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life...

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

22. The Problem

                   March 1, 2016

I woke up this morning to fog.
The coffee was already brewing.
I made breakfast and helped make
lunch for the kids. My car broke,
so my wife drove me to work.
The sun came out. I drank some
more coffee. I made three documents
and submitted two. The sun
stayed out, and I went to an office
to return some things. My wife
picked me up from work and 
we drove home and talked about 
the kids and school and what 
leftovers in the fridge we might
eat for dinner. I didn't listen to
the radio. I went to a meeting
to meet a friend, to talk some
things out. I came home and walked
the dog. I washed the dishes.
I completed some work I wished
I could have done earlier.
I wasted time by clicking
a couple of news sites. I saw
the problem. It's been a problem
and still is. And will be. 
None of what I've done today
makes a difference to anyone
who is suffering and will suffer 
because of what's plain to anyone 
who can see. The sun will come out 
again tomorrow, the forecast says, 
after morning fog burns off. Look. 

No comments: