52 SONGS

...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life...

Thursday, March 2, 2017

2. Sketch Based on This Evening's Events and their Accompanying Thoughts

When Paul plays hoops with us,
He uses his solid body to screen.

I’m ok for my age at slipping most
Picks, except for his,

And tonight I wrenched my neck
Running into his immoveable bulk.

I drove home feeling as if my neck
Were no longer up to the task.

I listened in the car to Marc Maron
Talk to Raoul Peck about James Baldwin.

Un mundo es la cabeza.
And by cabeza I mean my mind.

I hope, and am pretty certain from
The talks I have of late with my wife,

That this isn’t true.
I still feel right about my positions.

I would like to feel right about hers.
In the car

I tried when I remembered to lean
My head on the head rest.

When home she was in bed.
My kids were in bed.

No comments: